Buying a Property
REMEMBER: Our service for buyers is FREE!!
Broker commissions will be customarily paid by the seller
1. In what part of SW Florida do you want to purchase?
Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach, Estero, Bonita Springs, Naples,
Lehigh Acres, Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte, Sanibel Island, Captiva Island, Pine Island,
2. What is important about the location for you?
- Boat access to the Gulf of Mexico (without bridges)?
- Gated community with recreational activities: Golf, Tennis, Wellness, Restaurant, etc.
- Close to schools, work, hospital, shopping, restaurants, etc.
- Special views: Beach, Lake, Canal, Golf Course, Preserve, etc.
- Exposure of the lanai, deck and pool: South, West, North, East
3. How many square feet living area do you need?
4. Design and layout of the home:
- Contemporary, Traditional, Mediterranean, Old Florida, etc.
- Amount of rooms: Bedrooms ___ Bathrooms ___
- Kitchen (center island, breakfast bar, breakfast nook ), Dining Room, Great Room or Formal Living/Family Room, Den/Office
- Media Room, Exercise Room, In-Law Apartment, Guest Room
- Garage (attached/detached) for ___ cars
5. The home should not be older than ___ years.
6. Additional features you would like to have:
- Central city water and sewer
- Concrete block construction
- Tile roof
- Pool / Spa (heated)
- Real wood (raised) cabinets
- Granite or solid surface countertops
- Upgraded appliances
- Tile or hardwood floors
- Pavers on drive way and pool deck
- High ceilings / crown molding
- Large windows
- Fenced back yard
- Lush landscaping and sprinkler system
7. When do you want to move?
8. Do you need to sell your current property first?
9. What is your budget?
Don't forget to add possible additional costs: Closing, Move, Utility Deposits, Additional Furniture, Decoration, Remodeling & Repairs, etc.
10. What terms in regards to the purchase would you consider?
- Bank financing (monthly payment not higher than $ _______)
- Seller financing (lower closing cost, easier loan approval)
- Lease purchase
And most important!
Work with the Realtor you trust to get the job done
(Click here for a printable version of the Buyer's Guideline in pdf-format)